- (a) Graphical representations of displacement-time, velocity-time and acceleration-time.
- (b) Motion in two and three dimensions - projectile motion.
- Applications of Newton's laws of motion, Free body diagrams, Analyses of frames of trusses, Friction, Equilibrium of forces.
- Work-kinetic energy theorem. Power, Conservative forces. Conservation of energy.
- Conservation of linear momentum for a system of particles. Center-of-mass motion. Elastic and inelastic collision in one dimension.
- Rotational kinematics. Angular momentum of a single particle. Conservation of angular momentum. Moment of Inertia, Balancing of rotating masses.
- Gravitation: Gravitational field. Kepler's laws.
- Robotics: Introduction to robotics, essential components of a robot & their kinematics, links, frames, spatial motions, programming robots, clocks, sensors, actuators and control.
- Zeroth, 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics.
- Reversible and irreversible processes, Carnot cycle, Rankine cycle, Auto cycle, Diesel cycle and their Efficiency.
- Clausius' theorem. Entropy. Absolute scale of temperature. Clausius Clapeyron equation. Thermodynamic functions.
- Maxwell's thermodynamic relations. Problem's involving thermodynamic relations and functions. Gibb's phase rule.