Arts & Culture
Along with academics, AIUB also thrives on cultural activities and festivals. AIUB always motivates the students to participate in various kind of cultural activities which act ...
The university also has an engaging Sports Complex sprawling across the campus with a full-length football field, cricket practice-pitch, basketball, tennis, badminton ...
Student Service Offices
- Registration Department facilitates the overall process of course registration, adding/dropping courses, scholarships/waivers, etc. for all the currently enrolled students
- Accounts Department processes all the semester fee payments, discounts, fines, etc. for all currently enrolled students
- Oﬃce of Student Aﬀairs (OSA) controls, coordinates, and initiates external and internal student activities
- Oﬃce of Probation (OP) and Guidance Counseling (OGC) provides special academic counseling to students with academic problem or deﬁciency
- Oﬃce of Placement & Alumni (OPA) provides support and information to graduating students and alumni regarding internship, employment opportunities and employment networking
- Oﬃce of Research & Publication (ORP) undertakes the publications of the AIUB Journal of Business and Economics (AJBE) and Science and Engineering (AJSE), while introduced the first nationwide online series of working papers for business and economics
- VUES & IT Support manages the ‘Virtual University Expert System (VUES)’, which collaborates with the University Management System as well as the Microsoft Teams Application for all digital database management and online classes
Academic Consultation and Mentoring
Academic Consultation and mentoring are unique methods of supporting students to improve their learning and leadership skills, motivating them towards their future career and professional development. At AIUB faculty members are also serving as role of a mentor/counsellor for students. Faculty counselling hours are posted on the office door of the faculty members, and in addition it is also available to student Virtual University Expert System (VUES) portal. The standard allocation is twenty (20) hours per week for academic counseling and mentoring. This scheme is available for all students, regardless of religion, race, color, age, disability, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation including gender identity.
Accommodation Facilities for AIUB Students
AIUB is currently outsourcing the student accommodation facilities in nearby areas to the campus. Separate male and female dormitories are maintained at the outsourced premises with modern facilities and under strict supervisions. Please contact the office of public relations for availing the accommodation facility.
AIUB IT Infrastructure
Since its inception, AIUB always emphasized the importance of modern ICT infrastructure and introduced a broad spectrum of ICT-enabled services within its campus. With a Tier 2 Data Center, 1 Gbps high-speed internet connection, 10 Gbps campus backbone network, super-fast WiFi network, state-of-the-art network incident monitoring and defense center, automated entry control system, and a home-grown Virtual University Expert System (VUES), AIUB is way ahead than others in the country. It houses the largest Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution equipped with 25 powerful servers running on Citrix and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization platform. The VDI solution is unique in its kind developed and maintained by the IT department and hosts 1200 virtual machines in the university private cloud.
- The largest virtual lab setup is the South Asian region.
- 25 computer labs, 19 engineering labs, 10 design studios, 4 physics labs, 2 chemistry labs, and 1 language lab with 40 workstations in each and 24 servers to support the IT infrastructure
- International standard Moot Court to facilitate the overall clinical legal education
- Media Studio with professional-grade facilities for shooting, online editing, and live broadcasting
- State-of-the-art Auditorium and Multipurpose Hall, with built-in acoustics, world-class sound systems, P3 LED projection screens, and a seating capacity of around 1000.
AIUB Daycare Facilities
As a part of its commitment to the university community, the American International University–Bangladesh (AIUB) always strives to create an environment that enables its students and employees to pursue their educational and professional goals at the university. Childcare is an integral part of parenthood but is also a challenge to manage when it comes to full-time students or working parents. Hence, the AIUB Daycare Facility is an initiative geared towards providing a form of support to the students and employees, who have children and face the difficulties of having to care for them during their study/work hours, enabling them to be able to balance both their children’s responsibilities and study/work obligations. The Daycare facility is a safe and secured place for the children to learn, play and grow, giving the parents a peace of mind to pursue their education or careers, knowing that their children are also a part of the AIUB family and are being well taken care of.
Support Services for Person with Disability
AIUB is committed to providing services to its stakeholders of any age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, color, religion, under represented groups, underprivileged and national or ethnic origin.
As and when required students and employees with any form of disabilities will be rendered adequate services within the capacity of the university. For prior intimation or approval regarding availing such services, students are requested to contact the Office of Student Affairs and employees to the Office of the Human Resource.
Health & Wellness
- There is a fully-equipped gymnasium on campus, to encourage the physical fitness and well-being of the students, faculties, and officials.
- A medical center, properly provisioned with first-aid medical assistance, including emergency medication, medical attendants, and medical equipment
- Regular deep-cleaning and full-disinfection done throughout the buildings in the campus premises.
- Awe-inspiring open space amphitheater, with high-quality sound system and a seating capacity of approximately 1000, for hosting various cultural programs ranging from stage plays to musical performances
- Bustling student zone with scenic waterworks, indoor games, and lounge areas.
- State-of-the-art Auditorium and Multipurpose Hall, with built-in acoustics, world-class sound systems, P3 LED projection screens, and a seating capacity of around 1000
- Outsourced world-class security solutions, with CCTV surveillance, archway scanners, metal detectors, luggage scanners, etc., along with specialized automated flap gates and turnstile barriers accessible by designated student, faculty, and official IDs, to ensure a safe environment on campus 24/7.
- A 2-storied underground parking and an open outdoor parking with a capacity of 160 and 210 respectively.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Center
The EDI center at AIUB is responsible for providing support, resources, and advocacy for minority employees, students and communities. The responsibilities include:
- Provides support and advocacy for minority employees and students, addressing their unique needs, concerns, and challenges. This includes academic support, mental health resources, and assistance in navigating campus resources.
- Organizes cultural programming and events that celebrate and promote diversity, fostering a sense of belonging and inclusivity on campus.
- May offer diversity training and educational workshops for students, faculty, and staff to increase awareness and understanding of diversity issues and promote an inclusive campus culture.
- May collaborate with the admission, human resource office to implement recruitment strategies that attract a diverse body. Additionally, they may work on retention initiatives to support the success and persistence of minority students and employees.
- Provides a safe and welcoming space for minority populations to connect with one another, build a sense of community, and find a supportive network on campus.
- Advocates for policy changes that promote equity, diversity, and inclusion within the institution. This may include proposing changes to admissions policies, curriculum, and campus climate initiatives.
- Engages with minority communities both on and off-campus to establish partnerships, promote access to education, and address the needs of minority populations.
- Collaborates with student organizations, academic departments, and other campus offices to create inclusive programs and initiatives.
- May collect data on the experiences and outcomes of minority students and employees, which can be used to inform institutional decision-making and measure progress towards diversity and inclusion goals.
- Serves as a resource for resolving conflicts related to diversity and inclusion issues, providing mediation and support when necessary.
EDI plays a vital role in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the educational institution, supporting the success and well-being of minority populations, and fostering a campus culture that values and embraces diversity.
Facilitator: Prof. Dr. Farheen Hassan – Director, AIUB-IQAC
For Students – Office of Student Affairs
For Employees – Office of Human Resources
The AIUB Library is spread across an area of around 11,590 sq. ft., located on the top floor of the iconic spherical building in the heart of the campus, with a 360o degree view of the stunning serenity.
- With a total seating capacity of 500, the library has a common space on the main floor along with a separate ‘quiet zone’ on the mezzanine floor for those who require a more silent ambience for studying/working.
- The library boasts a rich and diverse collection of about 59,000 volumes including books, journals, articles, newsletters, research works, CDs, DVDs, etc., covering a number of different areas of interest, covering more than 80 academic areas in arts, business, engineering, science, social science, technology, as well as a wide selection of materials highlighting global benchmarks, international news, and other developing theories, concepts, researches, innovations, issues, etc. from around the world.
Specially named ‘corners’, dedicated to specific categories of the library collection:
- Bangabandhu Corner: A section of books related to the history and culture of Bangladesh, acquired and donated through various sources over the years, named in honor of the Father of our Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- India Corner: A section of books donated by the High Commissioner of India, His Excellency Mr. Harsh Vardhan Shringla, during his visit to the campus in September 2018.
- Philippines Corner: A section of books donated by the Philippine Ambassador to the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, His Excellency Mr. Vicente Vivencio Bandillo, commemorating the Philippine National Language Month during his visit to the campus in August 2019.
Mental Health Support Service
AIUB Provides mental health support services to students, faculty members and officials through wEvolve, a holistic organization geared towards promoting, enabling, and improving mental health for all those who are struggling alone. Regardless of the issues and conditions that may be affecting one’s overall mental health, wEvolve is an emerging source of comfort and support for the community as a comprehensive mental health service provider in Bangladesh, with experienced mental health professionals and their in-depth knowledge, skills, and expertise in the field.
At AIUB, wEvolve provides:
- Professional mental health support to the students and staff.
- Individual counselling sessions for students and staff, psychoeducation for the caregiver of the student. AIUB students, faculty members and officials can book appointments directly with the on-campus expert counsellors of wEvolve during office hours on weekdays. Online counselling sessions are also available during weekends or holidays. The counselling sessions are fully confidential, and information shared during the session is kept strictly only between the counsellor and the attendee.
- Self-Assessment for faculty members and officials for mental wellbeing.
- Celebrate annual mental health day with AIUB student clubs.
- Promote mental health awareness in the AIUB community.
- Conducts workshops and information sessions on a regular basis focusing:
- Effective communication
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Exam phobia
- Dealing with depression
- Dealing with anxiety
- A workshop on psychological first aid: How to help a distressed person
- Relationship skills
- Sleep hygiene
- The science & art of parenting
- Emotional literacy: Managing difficult emotions
- Personal well-being
- Social well-being
- Mental abilities and skills
AIUB Student Organizations
The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) oversees the extra-curricular activities of the student community through several student organizations, some of which are coordinated through their respective departments, in collaboration with OSA.
- AIUB ARTS CLUB (AAC)
- AIUB BUSINESS CLUB (ABC)
- AIUB COMMUNITY OF ENGINEERING STUDENTS (ACES)
- AIUB COMPUTER CLUB (ACC)
- AIUB DRAMA CLUB (ADC)
- AIUB ENGLISH CLUB
- AIUB ENVIRONMENT CLUB
- AIUB EQUILIBRIUM CLUB
- AIUB FILM CLUB (AFC)
- AIUB FOREIGN STUDENTS’ ASSOCIATION (AFSA)
- AIUB MOOT COURT CLUB (AMCC)
- AIUB ORATORY CLUB (AOC)
- AIUB PERFORMING ARTS CLUB (APAC)
- AIUB PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB (AIUBPC)
- AIUB SOCIAL WELFARE CLUB (SHOMOY)
- AIUB RESEARCH CLUB
- AIUB ROBOTIC CREW (ARC)
- AIUB VOLUNTEER UNIT
- AIESEC IN AIUB
- IEEE AIUB STUDENT BRANCH (IEEE AIUB SB)
ENGINEERING STUDENTS’ ASSOCIATION OF BANGLADESH
– AIUB UNIT FACE (ESAB)
- DUKE OF EDINBURGH AWARD PROGRAM
- IEOM SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL
- AIUB ATHLETICS
- AIUB BADMINTON (FEMALE)
- AIUB BADMINTON (MALE)
- AIUB BASKETBALL TEAM (FEMALE)
- AIUB BASKETBALL TEAM (MALE)
- AIUB CHESS TEAM (FEMALE)
- AIUB CHESS TEAM (MALE)
- AIUB CRICKET TEAM (FEMALE)
- AIUB CRICKET TEAM (MALE)
- AIUB FOOTBALL TEAM (FEMALE)
- AIUB FOOTBALL TEAM (MALE)
- AIUB HANDBALL (FEMALE)
- AIUB HANDBALL (MALE)
- AIUB TABLE TENNIS (FEMALE)
- AIUB TABLE TENNIS TEAM (MALE)
- AIUB VOLLEYBALL TEAM (FEMALE)
- AIUB VOLLEYBALL TEAM (MALE)