The American International University–Bangladesh (AIUB) is committed to provide equal opportunity to the qualified and deserving candidates regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, color, religion, underrepresented groups, and national or ethnic origin.
AIUB promotes academic freedom among applicants coming from the underrepresented group (i.e., ethnic minorities, low-income, non-traditional*, LGBTQ, newly settled refugee) as a commitment towards inclusive society.
Admission application of applicants coming from the underrepresented group will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Admission applicants under this category must submit relevant documents that can verified to identify their status of the underrepresented group.
- Applicants must meet the minimum standards for admission
- for undergraduate: SSC/HSC/O’level/A’Level results
- for graduate: see (a), undergraduate results
- Recommendation from the admission interview committee/ faculty dean/ administration in support of the application.
- The final decision of the admission is at the discretion of the AIUB Management.
*Non-Traditional Students (Definition): An applicant who has completed a degree that is equivalent to the requirement but not specifically mentioned in the University Grants Commission (UGC)’s list of requirements. [But the degree that is exclusively barred in the UGC list of requirements will not be acceptable]. The equivalency of the degree must be recommended by the admission interview committee/ faculty dean/ administration based on verification of relevant documents. The final decision of the admission is at the discretion of the AIUB Management.