The AIUB Library is spread across an area of around 11,590 sq. ft., located on the top floor of the iconic spherical building in the heart of the campus, with a 360-degree view of the stunning serenity.
- With a total seating capacity of 500, the library has a common space on the main floor along with a separate ‘quiet zone’ on the mezzanine floor for those who require a more silent ambience for studying/working.
- The library boasts a rich and diverse collection of about 59,000 volumes including books, journals, articles, newsletters, research works, CDs, DVDs, etc., covering a number of different areas of interest, covering more than 80 academic areas in arts, business, engineering, science, social science, technology, as well as a wide selection of materials highlighting global benchmarks, international news, and other developing theories, concepts, researches, innovations, issues, etc. from around the world.
- The largest virtual lab setup is the South Asian region.
- 25 computer labs, 19 engineering labs, 10 design studios, 4 physics labs, 2 chemistry labs, and 1 language lab with 40 workstations in each and 24 servers to support the IT infrastructure.
- 6 dedicated workshops, including foundry, woodworks, and machinery casting, for the Industrial Production and Engineering (IPE) Lab.
- Fully operational MAC Lab with 41 workstations, along with an Animation Lab with the state-of-art technology for honing skills of editing, graphics, animation, and visual effects software.
- International standard Moot Court to facilitate the overall clinical legal education, through practical applications of the rules, regulations, and procedures of the legal system to develop advocacy skills amongst students beyond the theoretical borders of a classroom.
- Media Studio with professional-grade facilities for shooting, online editing, and live broadcasting, including a studio console, audio recording booth, video cameras (including options with Full HD Resolution), DSLR cameras, light & sound system, full-time studio personnel, set stage, dressing room, etc. with a seating capacity of 120.
- Classrooms are fully equipped with air-conditioners, Wi-Fi connectivity, and multimedia projector systems.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is available in throughout the campus.
- Printing facilities are available at designated areas around the campus.
- All the seminar rooms have video conferencing facilities.
- Automated streamlined processes for admissions, course registration, payment, grading, convocation applications, on-campus security, overall data management, etc. through the University Management System (UMS) software, and the Virtual University Expert System (VUES) application, both developed in-house.
- Every student also has their own ID/Password at the AIUB Portal (www.aiub.edu), to access their emails, class schedules, notes, registrations, payments, etc.
- Virtual capacity for conducting classes for all the courses of the 4 Faculties, along with various interactive webinars, workshops, orientations, and meetings using the online platform of Microsoft Teams through their Student ID generated email addresses.
Student Service Offices
- Office of Student Aﬀairs (OSA) controls, coordinates, and initiates external and internal student activities.
- Office of Probation (OP) and Guidance Counseling (OGC) provides special academic counseling to students with academic problem or deﬁciency.
- Office of Placement & Alumni (OPA) provides support and information to graduating students and alumni regarding internship, employment opportunities and employment networking.
- Office of Research & Publication (ORP) undertakes the publications of the AIUB Journal of Business and Economics (AJBE) and Science and Engineering (AJSE), while introduced the first nationwide online series of working papers for business and economics.
Along with academics, AIUB also thrives on co-curricular activities, coordinated through the Office of Student Affairs (OSA), which acts as the hub of the university, interconnecting several major functions that multitask various operations, both internal and external. Through the executions of the Office of Sports, Office of Cultural Affairs, and Student Services & Welfare, numerous dynamic outreach programs, along with constructive seminars, workshops, competitions, conferences, and other such socio-cultural student club activities as well as departmental academic events are organized, facilitated, and participated in by the university on internal, national, and international levels. Some of the major highlights:
- AIUB CS Fest
- AIUB National Debate Fest
- AIUB Robotic Crew at University Rover Challenge (Annual International Tournament on Robotics held in Utah, USA)
- Case Storm (National Case Competition)
- Star Cineplex Short Film Festival (Annual National Short Film and Documentary Festival)
- The IDEAS Challenge (National Competition for Showcasing Ideas to Address Social Issues)
- The Tale of the Darkroom (National Photography Exhibition)
- AIUB Champions League (Football Tournament)
- AIUB Indoor Games
- AIUB Premier League (Cricket Tournament)
- International Conferences on Arts, Business, Science, Engineering
- International Exchange Programs (Cultural and Academic)
- AIUB Boishakhi Ullash (Annual Celebration of the Bengali New Year)
- AIUB Foundation Celebration (Annual Commemoration of the Founding Month of AIUB)
- AIUB Job Fair (Annual Flagship Event for Career and Placement of Current Students and Alumni)
- Dr. Anwarul Abedin Lecture Series (Regular Lecture Series in honor of the Late Founding Chairman, focusing on national/international issues of arts, business, engineering, and sciences)
- Outsourced world-class security solutions, with CCTV surveillance, archway scanners, metal detectors, luggage scanners, etc., along with specialized automated flap gates and turnstile barriers accessible by designated student, faculty, and official IDs, to ensure a safe environment on campus 24/7.
- A 2-storied underground parking and an open outdoor parking with a capacity of 160 and 210 respectively.
- Each faculty member is required to provide academic assistance and guidance outside the class hours as their academic counseling.
- Scholarships and waivers are awarded based on needs, merit, & talent.
- State-of-the-art Auditorium and Multipurpose Hall, with built-in acoustics, world-class sound systems, P3 LED projection screens, and a seating capacity of around 1000.
- Ample seating arrangements, both indoors and outdoors, throughout the open-architecture campus.
- There are several additional amenities on campus including an in-house cafeteria, food carts, a book store, and a medical center.
- Secular prayer facilities on campus, housing Muslim prayer rooms, a Christian chapel, a Hindu mandir, and a Buddhist prayer room, to empower everyone on campus to freely practice their faith.
- Engaging sports facilities sprawling across the campus with a full-length football field, cricket practice-pitch, basketball, tennis, badminton, volleyball courts, and an open gallery with a seating capacity of around 500
- There is a fully-equipped gymnasium on campus, to encourage the physical fitness and well-being of the students, faculties, and officials.
- Awe-inspiring open space amphitheater, with high-quality sound system and a seating capacity of approximately 550, for hosting various cultural programs ranging from stage plays to musical performances.
- Bustling student zone with scenic waterworks, indoor games, and lounge areas.